OST file access

Thread: OST file access

Trinity Guest

OST file access

I've got a .ost file from my previous place of employment. I've since moved on and now want to access my ost file (having configured my outlook profile to "manual connection" and connecting offline). When attempting to open outlook and pulling up the info. from my ost file, the following error message appears:

"Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The file cutlook.ost cannot be accessed. You must connect to your Microsoft Exchange Server computer at least once before you can use your offline folder file."

Anyone have any ideas on how I can access this file without having to connect to the original server?

Thanks in advance,
    Trinity.

Big_Craig Guest

OST file access (reply)

This cannot be done. Per MS they will only open an OST file by court order. If you'd like further documentation on this email me and I will provide it to you.

Thanks,

B_C

------------
    Trinity at 9/9/00 4:28:57 PM

I've got a .ost file from my previous place of employment. I've since moved on and now want to access my ost file (having configured my outlook profile to "manual connection" and connecting offline). When attempting to open outlook and pulling up the info. from my ost file, the following error message appears:

"Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The file cutlook.ost cannot be accessed. You must connect to your Microsoft Exchange Server computer at least once before you can use your offline folder file."

Anyone have any ideas on how I can access this file without having to connect to the original server?

Thanks in advance,
    Trinity.

Mike. Guest

OST file access (reply)

http://www.ost2pst.com

------------
    Big_Craig at 9/19/00 8:36:31 PM

This cannot be done. Per MS they will only open an OST file by court order. If you'd like further documentation on this email me and I will provide it to you.

Thanks,

B_C

------------
    Trinity at 9/9/00 4:28:57 PM

Thanks in advance,
    Trinity.

fixed

Hi

I had this exact error myself. All i did was close outlook down

go to start-> control panel --> mail icon

then go into the properties of your exchange profile. And re-enter in your username and press 'checkname'. Wait for it to authenticate against the exchange server and verify the username, when id does close any open windows then relaunch Outlook.

This worked with Outlook 2007 beta 2

rath

Quote Originally Posted by rath2k
    Hi

I had this exact error myself. All i did was close outlook down

then go into the properties of your exchange profile. And re-enter in your username and press 'checkname'. Wait for it to authenticate against the exchange server and verify the username, when id does close any open windows then relaunch Outlook.

This worked with Outlook 2007 beta 2

rath
    I tried the above and still could not connect to the Exchange server. What worked for me was:

then go into the properties of your exchange profile.

More Settings => then select Automatically detect connection state.

I'm not sure how it was changed... but that's what worked for me.